Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Move over, Rachel McAdams!

Last night, I had an epiphany.
I was reading Laura's blog over at Lilly Loves about her two favorite celebrity styles. (She chose Rachel McAdams and Lauren Conrad, in case you're interested.) That got me thinking, who would I choose? I had no clue! I love clothes and up until that particular moment, thought of myself as a fashionable person. I mean, I'm not cutting edge or anything but I don't think I fall into the "still wearing the kind of clothes I wore in high school" category either. I shut the computer down and got into bed thinking of my friends who, like Laura, always have the cutest clothes, perfect accessories, and latest hair style. Am I living in cave? How do I miss these things? I watch cable TV, read dumb gossip mags, and am always browsing clothes online. How have I strayed so far out of the fashion loop?
I shared my concern over my closet's contents to Drew when I got in bed. Not surprisingly, he didn't get it. What he does get though is that he married a girl who likes to have cute clothes and gets REALLY excited over a sweater, fun necklace, or adorable sandals. We decided there were several culprits in this crime:
A. I've been pregnant, nursing, and or getting rid of a pregnant body for the last 2 years.
B. All of our money has gone towards diapers, formula, baby clothes, or other frivolous things such as food, gas, and a mortgage.
and C. Who wants to take a double stroller into the mall when places like Target and Walmart have carts?!
But I mean, honestly, can I trust the buyers for Walmart & Target to carry things that are truly "in style"? That is the real question. I'm just not sure. So I have promised myself to start branching out a bit, I'm gonna get a good double stroller and march myself into the mall and see if I can't update myself a bit. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying everything at Target & Walmart is outdated. Obviously my closet and bank account would show that I feel otherwise. I'm just thinking I could probably benefit from thinking outside the box a little...

3 comments:

Meagan Maynard said...

I'm with you girl! Just waiting for summer for an excuse to get some new digs! Good luck... and by the way, you always look adorable! You know, since I see you all time! haha!

Laura Beth said...

thank bethany for the sweet compliment!! but just so you know, i always ALWAYS think the same thing about you!

Cristin said...

I have been feeling the same way and just went to Sam the other day asking him if we could save up some money to get some new clothes!