Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby

Right now we're in the middle of what some meteorologists are calling a "catastrophic" storm of the century! And chances are if you're reading this, you are experiencing some part of it as well since its affecting something like 30 of these United States. Where I am, we're getting a lovely mixture of ice and snow - expected to be so much that the whole city could very well be without power for 5-7 days. You have no idea how hard I'm praying that doesn't happen! I can handle being snowed in, but without power - no thanks!
However, its just plain silly not to plan for the worst and hope for the best. Especially when I have little ones involved. So the dishes are all clean, laundry is all done and we've got bottled water, blankets, flash lights (with fresh batteries), and some food to eat that won't need much prep.
But most importantly, Drew is home; I've just showered and put on clean comfy jammies and plan on snuggling up with the fam to watch TV/movies. Unless the power goes and then I have very exciting plans involving giving myself a homemade mani/pedi, finishing "Heaven is For Real", and doing this week's Beth Moore homework.
I'll see you on the other side...

duh duh DUUUUUUUHHHHHH

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hope you guys don't lose power either!