Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cheers, Tears, and Santa Claus

Tonight was Cash's very first Christmas program! It probably wasn't the momentous occasion I felt it was to anyone else in the room (besides Drew...maybe) but thats ok. Since I've been told I have a "flair for the dramatic" I've always longed for the day I could go to one of those programs and be the mom standing in the side aisle snapping pictures and doing the motions along with the kids with a huge grin on her face. And you better believe thats exactly how it went tonight. His class sang "Away in a Manger" tonight and he did such a good job. He did the first motion - rocking the baby Jesus in his arms - the entire song BUT he didn't: a) cry incessantly with his hands in his mouth (a new trait of his), b) run off stage or explore the rest of the stage, or c) just stand there so I felt it was a huge success. And of course he looked adorable, as exhibited below.


There he is rocking that imaginary baby Jesus!

In front of the tree at church.

The kids got to meet Santa & Mrs. Claus. Coco seemed a little uncertain...

...and I think Cash may need counseling.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Too cute! I wish I could have seen it in person. Your kiddos are precious.