Friday, April 9, 2010

Score one for the Grandmas

Apparently the fact that I gained almost 50 lbs, labored all night and pushed a whole hour before being wheeled into an operating room where my abs were forever changed by one swift slice, then sacrificed my once perky "twins" for breastmilk goodness means nothing to Cash. Because on Sunday, the only person he wanted to hold his hand, walk him to class, and pick him up from class was Nana. Don't get me wrong, my mother-in-law is a fantastic grandma. That has just never happened before. Then to add insult to injury, last night when I calmly reminded Cash that splashing water out of the tub was not allowed he exclaimed. "I want Mamaw." . Apparently my mom is Cash's saviour in times of discipline. (Or maybe she just lets him get away with way more than mommy!)

At least its the grandmas I'm losing to. I can remember spending the night with my grandma and getting homesick at bedtime. Grandma told me that it was all good because Grandma is the next best thing to Mommy. Plus she let us have all the Mt. Dew we wanted. Perhaps thats where my addiction started...

No comments: