Monday, May 10, 2010

To my 2 year old son...

Dear Cash,
Tonight I laid you down to go to sleep as a one year old for the last time. You were so sweet, holding my hand and asking to pray like we do every night at bedtime. You also told me "ni-night" that you love me ("ooo rah!") and then repeatedly asked to go "buh-bye" in the "car-car" when you wake up. :) You're such a social little man.You're growing up so fast and while I'm excited to see you learn and do new things, I wish...just for tonight...I could hold newborn-Cash again. I'd snuggle you, smell you, and kiss your newborn cheeks all night long! (And trust me, you had PLENTY of cheeks to kiss!)
You are the joy of my heart, Cash. My world would be such an empty place without you. I pray that you will grow up healthy and strong; smart and funny (which should be easy - you already have a great sense of humor); and most of all - that you would know how much Jesus loves you and live your life for Him. He loves you even more than your daddy and I do! He thought of you and created you to be YOU and we are so thankful he chose us to be your parents. Don't ever forget those things...
Now if we could work on increasing your daily menu to include more than just chicken nuggets, french fries, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and cheese that'd be great. And sharing really IS fun...
Don't worry, Daddy and I will help you along the way.
Love,
Mommy









No comments: