Thursday, February 12, 2009

Notes from the Under-Belly: Week 14


How far along: 14 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: 0 

Maternity clothes: Not yet. I'm in the "in between" stage where my jeans button, but are uncomfortable and if I try the rubber-band trick I'm constantly pulling my pants up. 

Stretch marks: Nope.

Sleep: Is my best friend!!!! 

Best moment this week: Feeling normal again! I'm starting to get my energy back and have a HUGE appetite (hence the Taco Bell blog).

Movement: I'm pretty sure I've felt a few flutters here and there. :)

Food cravings: MEXICANO!!! Whoppers, chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a, and CHOCOLATE!

Gender prediction: Still feeling pink!

Labor signs: Nope!

Belly button: still in

Wedding rings: still on, and still pretty loose

Milestones: Our baby is the size of a lemon (3.5 inches) and can wiggle her little toes and is busy breathing in the amniotic fluid (and urine. Eww!). 

1 comment:

Jenni said...

You might not know me, but I'm Jenni Horning from church. It is truly uncanny how much our pregnancies are alike....the 2nd pregnancy syndrome----Pregnant! this is way wrong, I can't be....the baby is only months old, I wanted to wait for two more years, sobbing on the bathroom floor, staring at the double blue lines, disbelief, shock, anger, regret.......... It's true, though. I've been there. Husband was very excited, and my unwanted feeling soon subsided too! But what struck me the most in your blogs was the food cravings........my son preg craved meatballs, red sauce, italian, italian, italian, there just wasn't enough to eat!! The daughter's preg was all about the MEXICAN PIZZA from TBell. It seemed as though every waking hour was spent thinking about (or eating) TBell mexican pizza...ahh the smells, the food, the chocolate ice cream at home for dessert.....I had it all! (and then some--gained over 50 lbs unfortunately!) But I could go on about the many ironic details between your pregnancy blogs and mine, but I actually need to go feed those 2 kids of mine.......Kristyn 10 and Connor 8. Ya know what's even more ironic, is the fact that as children my son's favorite food is Italian/Chinese and my daughter.....you guessed it mexican! You're having a girl.