Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Notes from the Under-Belly: Week 27


Ashley and Me at her pinning ceremony - 26 and 24 wks


How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 16 lbs as of last Tuesday. 
Maternity clothes? : Mostly...I had the opportunity to stock up on some great deals at Burlington and Target and as much as I hate maternity pants (droopy crotch, anyone?) I LOVE my Secret Fit Belly jeans from Motherhood Maternity. They truly are a must-have for every expectant mother. ;)
Stretch marks? Not any new ones...
Sleep: Is harder and harder to come by. I usually wake up around 3:15 every morning needing to pee. Then I have a hard time going back to sleep thanks to my daughter's midnight dance party. 
Best moment this week: Oreos and a tall glass of milk. And I'm not even kidding -- highlight of my  week! 
Movement: This girl is nothing like her brother was! He was all over the place and would interact with Drew all the time. She has no time for that. She usually just shifts around or will give a few jabs here and there. But when I lay down to sleep or after eating she gets a little wild. She definitely has hiccups more than Cash did -- at least once a day. 
Food cravings: fruit, deviled eggs, and oreos. 
Gender: hopefully she's still a girl ;) 
Labor Signs: No serious signs, but I think I've started having some Braxton Hicks contractions every once in awhile. Nothing to be alarmed about though.
Belly Button in or out? still in, but pretty shallow! 
What I miss: bending over with ease, sleeping closer to Drew (there's usually a body pillow between now). 
What I am looking forward to: getting the nursery ready, putting all her pretty little things away, and then of course - seeing my baby girl for the first time and smelling that sweet newborn smell again. 
Weekly Wisdom: I had a manager at work share some really encouraging words with me about motherhood this past Monday night. I hadn't even mentioned my fears of the timing of our next baby and wondering how I could possibly love her as much as I love Cash. But she assured me I will, and that God had placed Corinne in our lives at this very point in time because no one could be a better mom for her than me. That God saw my strengths and weaknesses and knew I'd be the best match for her. It may seem simple, but it was the best thing I've heard in a long time...
Milestones: We are now in the 3rd trimester -- hard to believe, huh? She weighs approximately 2 lbs and is 14 inches long and would have a great chance of surviving should she come early. Obviously we don't want that, but its a relief to know she'd be ok! 

1 comment:

life as we know it... said...

I love your co-workers comment... what a neat perspective! You look adorable as always... you hot prego, you!!! And your oreos and milk had me INSTANTLY hungry... dang-it.