Friday, July 24, 2009

Notes from the Under-belly: Week 37


How far along? 37 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: 37 lbs. (For those of you trying to do the math - I gained 9 lbs in 3 wks. I almost cried.)  
Maternity clothes? : Thats pretty much all I can wear right now - especially pants. Thank goodness I only have a few more weeks! 
Stretch marks? Still no new ones. 
Sleep: is REALLY hard to come by these days. Guess she's just preparing me for what's to come.  
Movement: She's still kicking! And now you can pretty much always see exactly how she's laying and where her little booty is. :) 
Food cravings: lots of sweets and Chik-fil-a's Deluxe Chicken Sandwich combo, with a large sweet tea - extra ice. :)
Gender: Considering the room is decorated for a girl, the closet is FULL of pink, yellow, and purple clothing (including an ADORABLE pink tu tu)...we're REALLY hoping that ultrasound tech knows whats she's doing. 
Labor Signs: Just lots of contractions that, according to my last appointment, aren't really doing anything but annoying me. ha! Sounds like the last month of my pregnancy with Cash... 
Belly Button in or out? pokes out a little, but mostly just flat. 
What I miss: eating spicy food, chocolate, and/or italian food without immediate indigestion, sleeping without someone sticking their tiny little foot in my rib cage, and being able to eat without taking breaks to make room for more food. 
What I am looking forward to: meeting my daughter! As weird as it sounds I really enjoyed the hospital time with Cash so I'm actually looking forward to that, and I'm really anxious/excited to see Cash as a big brother. I know it'll be an adjustment for us all but I think he's really going to handle it better than we expect...at least thats what I pray for daily. ha! Also, I'm getting pampered next week with a prenatal massage (compliments of the owner of the salon spa I work for!) and a pedicure. AHHHH! 
Milestones: We are less than 2 weeks from the big day! We have the bags packed, room mostly done - will hopefully have it done by the middle of next week, and are just waiting and anticipating the arrival of our second child...

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You are all baby! I don't know where else those pounds could be! You look great!

And I'm with you! I really enjoyed the hospital time with each of my babies. Nurses who would get me apple juice anytime I wanted it. They would change the diapers and hand the baby to me to nurse. I didn't have to cook. It was like the calm before the storm. :)