Friday, July 24, 2009

I have always wanted to have my own cooking show...

Two  posts in one day?!! I know. Over-achiever. 

I'm always up for a new recipe and decided to try this little dandy out for lunch this afternoon. Not only were they super easy to make, but they tasted GREAT and I'm guessing they're not too bad for ya either...give 'em a whirl! 

(Keep in mind that I'm married to a mountain man, and getting him to try a burger made of anything other than beef is a challenge. But even he enjoyed them.) 

Turkey Pesto Burgers

1 lb ground turkey or chicken
2 TBSP pre-made basil pesto 
(I bought Buitoni's basil pesto...refrigerated pasta section @ Walmart)
3 cloves minced garlic 
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt 

Mix all the above ingredients, grill to your liking. We used some ciabatta rolls that were lightly brushed with olive oil and grilled for a few minutes. Topped with mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a little more pesto sauce for an added kick. Very tasty! Very easy! Bon Appetit!! :)




No comments: