Thursday, July 16, 2009

T-Minus 3 weeks...


until our little lady makes her big debut. Unless she decides to come early, that is. Yes, we have scheduled the c-section for Thursday, August 6th. Its hard to believe that in THREE WEEKS....21 days...I will be a mother of 2. 
I have a lot of mixed feelings about the whole thing. Like pretty much everything in my life, how I feel about it depends a LOT on the day, weather, etc. (Gotta love those pregnancy hormones.) Somedays I'm so excited that I wish it were all taking place the next day. And then there are days when I wish I had 3 more MONTHS to prepare. And somedays the thought of it all just makes me want to cry...happy tears, mostly. :) 
I've told my mom (and several others probably) that I'd feel a lot better about the situation if I had some reassurance that Cash had a bit more understanding of the whole situation. He's only 14 months old so he literally has no idea what's about to happen to his world. We talk about "sister" a lot - which is what I've decided he'll call her since Corrinne is a harder name for a toddler to learn and she won't be going by Cori (EVER.) and I'm not really a fan of  "sissy" - and he knows that she's in my belly and will point to it if you ask where Sister is. Just this week he started hugging and kissing my belly when you ask if he loves the baby. Its really sweet but I still get the feeling he doesn't really know whats going on. I'm told this can be seen as an advantage when she gets here because he'll be less likely to be jealous than say a 3 year old might. 
I love Corrinne and know that I'd do anything to make sure she is ok...but I still have those fears that it just won't be the same as it was when I met Cash for the first time.  One of my best friends, Holly, had her 2nd son this morning, Beckett. I asked her if it was the same feeling meeting him for the first time as it was when she met her oldest and she told me it was. I guess its one of those things you can't really understand until it happens to you. 
But mostly I really am excited...last week a friend of mine had her 3rd baby, Maddox. He's adorable, to say the least and the minute I held him and smelled that newborn smell I was hooked. It made me SO much more excited to hold my little girl. I've been doing a lot of laundry this week -- so many loads of tiny little pink things -- and every time I hold a newborn sleeper I get this little twinge in my heart. She's gonna be beautiful, I'm sure of it. 
We're putting the finishing touches on her room, getting all her clothes organized and put away and will be packing our bags soon! We'd appreciate your prayers. :) 

2 comments:

the clemensuz said...

I loved this post. I've had all of those same mom questions, thinking about any future kids. Thanks for your honesty :)

Definitely praying for you. You'll do great!!

Laura Beth said...

thanks for all your encouraging comments on my blog. my dr. said yesterday, " yea, you're really going to swell and retain a lot of water. i can already tell." not the most encouraging thing to tell a gal whose having trouble with the whole weight gain fun of pregnancy. but oh well. i really do appreciate your words of encouragment. :) i know its supposed to happen and that i'll gain what my body needs. just wish it wasn't so dern much!