Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Highlights

A few highlights from the last week...

Last Saturday I turned 26 and as usual, Drew planned the entire day for me! I woke up to notes all over our room telling me to sleep in, take a shower and, "Don't even think about peeking out here until you're ready!" on our bedroom door.  After my shower I noticed a note on the mirror that Cash had wanted to give me his present first and it was on our bed. This is what he gave me...a picture frame with his pictures for my desk at work. He told me he knows how hard it is for me to leave him so he wanted me to have something to look at while we're apart. He's so sweet...and very insightful for 7 months old.

Then I went out into the living room to find a spotless house (which isn't the way it was when I went to bed the night before!) and a delicious breakfast waiting for me on our dining room table.


While we ate, I got to open my gifts: a pair of shoes I had requested, some cute new gloves, and a Willow Tree (my favorite!) plaque. 
The rest of my day was spent shopping and doing lunch with Megan, a movie with Drew ("7 Pounds - really good!), hot chocolate on The Circle with Matt & Jill, and dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse (another favorite) with my parents. It was a great birthday! Thanks to everyone who helped Drew plan it out perfectly, and especially Blake & Niecka for watching Cash while we gallavanted around town. ;) 


Christmas Eve we decided to borrow a Hollingsworth tradition and let each person open one present. Here is Cash opening his (I think it was clothes from Drew & me). He was so much fun to watch. And as you can probably guess - he played with the box and bow. 

Later that evening we went to the candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church. It's one of my favorite traditions of the Christmas season. We had a great time and this is a picture of us in front of the huge tree on the stage. Afterwards we headed over to my parents' house for food, movies, and lots of laughter...

There are a ton of pictures from Christmas Day and the 3 days following (that all included some type of Christmas celebration with a branch of the family) but I haven't uploaded them yet. We did have a fantastic holiday and it makes me just a little sad that its over. HOWEVER...exciting things are coming. But you'll have to stay tuned to find out just what that is... :) 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! 

No comments: