Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just a little Christmas cheer...

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, some things are shaped too weird to wrap.

2. Real tree or artificial? We've gotten a real one since Drew and I got married, but after this year I'm tempted to buy a pre-lit artificial on sale.

3. When do you put up the tree? If it were up to me we'd put it up after Labor Day, but since we've gotten real ones the last couple years we've had to wait until after Thanksgiving when they are available.

4. When do you take the tree down? Try to get it down by the 2nd week of January, but I've been known to leave one up until February!!!

5. Do you like eggnog? Just tried it for the first time last week. It was alright. I prefer hot chocolate from South Bend Chocolate Company.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The karaoke machine mom & dad (I mean, Santa) got my sisters and me.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He's always so good at just knowing little things I'd like without me having to tell him, and unfortunately he's not that easy for me.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! I love it - a Willow Tree set. Mom & Dad gave it to Drew & me the year we were engaged.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail with a family picture.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The Heavenly Ham I got the year I worked at McQuay. Mom loved it though - she didn't have to buy a ham that year!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, Family Man, and the cartoon Grinch Who Stole Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Thanksgiving. But we wait until at least noon to go out to avoid "the crazies".

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I have...now, we've recycled quite a few wedding presents.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's mexican wedding cakes, breakfast casserole, and barbecue weenies. Quite a combo, huh? Those are all taken from the MANY meals we eat over the course of Christmas Eve & Christmas day.

16. Lights on the tree? I'm a white light kind of girl.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, O Come, O Come Emmanuel, All I Want for Christmas is You, The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting...on an open fiiiiiire...), Silent Night...I love Christmas music!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This is the first year I'll be waking up somewhere other than at my parents' house! I know, I panicked at first too. But since we have a kid now we should probably let him wake up at home on his first Christmas! Don't worry, we're going to mom & dad's later that day. ;)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. But ours has nothing at this point.

21. Open the presents Christmas morning. Bottom line.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds, everything having to be "P.C.".

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My favorite ornament this year is the one mom got for Cash - its a little boy angel wearing a fuzzy hat, holding a blue fuzzy blanket. His wings say, "Tis a gift from God". He looks just like Cash!

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? We do brunch: breakfast casserole, biscuits & gravy, orange danish, bacon, fried eggs...clogged arteries... ;)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I asked for clothes, gift cards, a pedicure!, some boots, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seriously. if someone gave me a ham for Christmas I'd be all over that... let me know if you need to get rid of one this year! haha!