Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Move Over, Giada!

I'm a list person. I make lists for everything and I love, love, looove checking things off those lists. I currently have a list on our fridge - "To Do..." meaning things I need to do around the house whilst Drew is working "outside of the home", a list on Drew's iPhone and I have no clue what he's entitled it but its things to be done to the house that I want done but we both know Drew will be the one doing them (gotta love marriage), and several mental lists waiting to put onto paper. Anyways, I woke up this morning with a short mental list of things to accomplish today:
1. Take a shower -- always top of the list. I just function better if I feel presentable and clean.
2. Organize toys in the loft by age group, the noisy ones, and the big ones.
3. Actually prepare a home-cooked meal since Drew will be home tonight and we can eat dinner together for once! (This hasn't happened in...quite some time.)

...and thats it because lets not forget the many meals I'd be making/giving the kids, butts to be wiped, etc during this 10 hour time frame. Well...I'm 2 for 3. Its not bad really. I mean, why organize toys that are just going to be drug out an hour after its done and will need reorganized in a week anyways. ;)

I decided to make Italian Meat Loaves tonight since we have the stuff and Drew's been suggesting them for the last 2 weeks. This is a recipe a friend gave me and it pretty much makes me look like I'm as good as Giada from Everyday Italian - although I didn't wear a super low-cut shirt while I made dinner tonight so it wasn't quite the same. (Even though my cleavage could definitely give hers a run for its money, mmmkaaay?!) Anyways, the meat loaves are delicious and a fun spin on the traditional dish. I encourage you to try them out and if you come up with some fun side dishes, let me know! I did some garlic mashed potatoes and green beans...my boys were satisfied.

Italian Meat Loaves

1 lb. ground beef
8 oz. italian sausage
1 egg
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp garlic, minced
4-6 mozzarella or provolone cheese sticks, frozen

Mix all the ingredients together (except for the cheese sticks) in a large bowl. Create 4-6 individual loaves - depending on how big you want them. Insert a frozen cheese stick in each, making sure to cover the entire cheese stick. Place in baking dish - 8 x 8 if you're cooking 2-3, 9 x 13 if you're making all 4-6 - and bake at 350 for 30 min. Spoon more spaghetti sauce on top of each loaf and sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let them set 5 minutes before serving.

Note: I only baked 3 tonight and froze 3. They're good for 3 months!

Bon Appetit!!

1 comment:

life as we know it... said...

"mmmmmmmmmmkay" CRACK me up girlie... when the heck can we ever get together??? i need to laugh and also to meet these kids! Beau also needs to meet his future girlfriend ;)