Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bringing up Boys

Lately my favorite time of day has been just before I go to bed at night. For some reason I've forgotten how early my kids wake up and end up staying up way too late; usually climbing in bed sometime around midnight every night. But without fail, the last thing I do before hitting the pillow is check on the kids.
Corrinne is always so sweet and cherub-like and hardly ever stirs. But Cash on the other hand, he's always got something funny or sweet to say in his groggy, half-asleep state of mind. Tonight while I was tucking him in (a regular request of his) I was stroking his hair and telling him good-night as he repeated those words back to me. Then just as I was about to walk out he said, "Batman ni-night. Spiderman ni-night too, Momma."
Good to know, Cash. Good to know.

No comments: