Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On your FIRST birthday...

Dear Corrinne,

You are one year old, sweet girl! You probably hear me say this a lot but I really can't believe how quickly you're growing up! It doesn't seem possible that its been 12 whole months since we were sitting in the hospital staring at you wondering who you would become...
You had me fooled, I'll tell you that right now! As a newborn you were the most serious, laid-back, easy-going baby I'd ever met. You didn't need rocked, you didn't cry, you didn't fuss. As long as you had some warm milk from mommy and a clean bootie you were good to go! I almost felt like you didn't need me! Even when you started becoming mobile you were pretty easy-going. Your cousin, Carter, would scoot circles around you. Literally! Papaw has a video of you sitting in the same spot while Carter does laps around you and you just stare at him as if you were thinking, "Can you just calm down, please?". :) You were cool, calm, and collected. And then BAM! You brought out the big guns!
Girlfriend you truly are sugar and spice and everything nice...and I love that about you! You have the sweetest smile, listening to you sing melts my heart, but you can tell your brother off like you've been doing it for years! Sometimes Daddy and I giggle a little bit because its so funny to see such a small little lady acting so grown up. You definitely have your mind made up and if we're not following your plan, you let us know. You already possess so many qualities I wish I had; you're adventurous, courageous, fearless, and confident. Baby girl, please don't ever let those go. I want you to grow up using those to serve the LORD.
Last night I went in to check on you before I went to bed and you were stirring a little bit so I took the opportunity to snuggle with you for a minute. You were all squishy, sleepy, and had some awesome bed-head going on! ;) I rocked you for a few minutes and told you it was your birthday and how thankful your daddy and I are that God chose us to be your parents. I also told you that He has so many awesome things planned for you life and to never ever lose sight of Him. He is your ticket through life, sweet girl. With Him, you can do anything your sweet little heart desires. Anything. I can't wait to see what that is.
Being your mommy is one of the greatest adventures I've been on. I love you more than I know how to explain.
Mommy :)

Turn the playlist off at the bottom of the screen before viewing the video.


2 comments:

life as we know it... said...

tears... i need to write letters to mine... i have about OHhhhhh... 5 to write... making up for lost time on Tate... and just a month or so behind on Beau ;) beautiful babies, beautiful fam... blessed.

Laura Beth said...

oh bethany. so special and sweet!! i was watching this while lilly was playing the living room. she heard the music and came up and pulled up on the chair.when i pulled her up she sat and watched it and kept pointing at corrinne. loved the video. i might borrow your idea. you wouldn't mind would you? hope you had a special day with your family yesterday. how fast a year goes!!!