Saturday, August 21, 2010

Women of Faith

I spent last Friday and Saturday worshipping, laughing, crying, and dancing with 11,000 other women at the Women of Faith conference. To say it was awesome is an understatement. Leaving the kids with a sitter two days in a row was hard. And I struggled with Mom Guilt the whole weekend, but it was worth it. I got to spend time with some of my best girls, sing at the top of my lungs, worship with abandon, and quiet myself so I that could really hear from God. Why can't I do that on a regular basis, you ask? I asked myself the same thing and have decided to do just that from now on. To be intentional about my walk.
During lunch on Saturday my friend asked what my favorite part had been so far. At the time I couldn't answer - I was loving all of it. After digesting all of it I can tell you exactly what my favorite part was...
Sandy Patty was one of the singers and guest speakers. Now, typically I'm not really into the style of music she usually does. But I found myself enjoying her as a speaker and relating to what she was talking about. At the end of her talk she sang "We Shall Behold Him". I'm sure some of you just let out a huge "Ohhh" and know exactly which song I'm referring to. (Unfortunately this was the first time I had heard it.) The song is beautifully written and her voice is absolutely incredible! Something about that song brought tears to my eyes... But my favorite part was that she signed the entire song herself for the section of women who were deaf/hard of hearing. AND THEN...just as she was nearing the end (and her highest notes) the hearing impaired women stood up and signed along with her! It was awesome, the entire arena was filled with women worshipping our God... All I could think was, "this is what Heaven's going to be like!". Except its not! There won't be any denominational boundaries in Heaven, we'll all know each other's names in Heaven, we'll all have the best voices and Heavenly bodies (woo hoo!) and best of all... there won't be any disabilities. All those women who were signing with Sandy will be SINGING with Sandy someday.
If thats not amazing, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I was there too and as soon as those ladies stood up out came the tears it was beautiful! Happy to have been one of those 11,000 with you, carry that feeling throughout the week!!!

Bethany said...

NO WAY, Allison!!! Thats awesome! Wasn't it amazing?! I think I cried the entire weekend. :) Glad to know I wasn't the only one who shed a tear...or 20. ;)