Thursday, August 2, 2012

And that's all I'll say about that

There are two sides to every story, every argument, every debate. I happen to stand on the less popular side, so it seems these days. And thats ok. Because I know not every person is going to agree with me. In fact, not very many do. The great thing about our make up as humans is that we were given a brain and the ability to choose for ourselves how to think, how to feel. We're not robots. So you can have your opinion and I can have mine. Add to that the fact that we live in a country that has given us the freedom to express those opinions... BONUS! We're all happy, right? Sure doesn't seem that way.

I stand for what the Bible says. I stand for what it says regarding lots of controversial issues including premarital sex, adultery, gossip, murder, abortion, and most recently debated but definitely not the least - homosexuality. But please understand me when I say this - just because I stand for something does not mean I hate, discriminate against, or will not associate myself with anyone participating in that lifestyle. I can't sit in a place of judgement so please do not assume thats what I'm doing when in fact, I'm just standing for what I believe in - just like you are - except perhaps on the other side of the discussion. 


We are called to love one another. It is possible to love someone without condoning their actions. I do it  daily with my own children. So please, please, please do not mistake my stance on this issue as hateful or discriminatory. As everyone has said, we're all entitled to our own opinions. You can have yours. I can have mine.

No comments: