Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oopsie!

Sadly I have to admit I can be a bit paranoid at times.
(Is it really that uncommon for someone to worry about their house being invaded in the middle of the night and who knows what other kind of evil happening?! I mean, I see it happen all the time on TV...)
One morning last week I was up with Corrinne around 4:45. She was having trouble going back to sleep and I kept having to get up and give her the pacifier (over and over...). Her pack n' play is positioned right in front of our bedroom windows, which face the street. The way our neighborhood is laid out, you pretty much have to drive down our street on purpose, mmkay? So I'm up placing the pacifier in her mouth and notice headlights stopped 2 houses down from us. Then they drove down to our neighbors house, stopped for a bit, then drove on. They did this for most of the houses on our street, except for ours. Knowing that this could potentially be my murderer I was quick to get a description of the vehicle: red minivan, older model - blaring loud music. Well, of course I watched them and tried to figure out what they were doing. The only conclusion I could come up with was that they were probably criminals scoping out the neighborhood to see when people got up/left for work so they'd know when to break in. Obviously.
The next morning I told Drew what I had witnessed and let him know I should probably be President of our Neighborhood Crime Watch since I'm so sneaky and observant. And up at random times in the middle of the night with my 8 wk old.
Well! My investigative skills were put to the test again yesterday when Drew and I pulled out of our driveway around 5:45 pm. I noticed the same red mini-van driving down our street and stopping at houses for a few seconds again! I pointed out the suspect vehicle out to Drew and said, "LOOK! Thats the car that I saw the other morning scoping out the place..." We watched for a few minutes and then Drew turns to me and says, "They're dropping off newspapers, Bethany. Its a paper boy."
Paranoid. My pictures probably next to it in the dictionary...

4 comments:

life as we know it... said...

haha! this is so me... i love what our brains come up with in the wee hours of the morning... and also when they are running on little/no sleep ;) too funny!

Meagan Maynard said...

haha... crack me up!

Cristin said...

That happened to me one time when I was out running really early one morning!!! I don't blame you to be a little paranoid...better safe than sorry right?!?!?

Laura Beth said...

holy crap...hillarious. i woulda been the same way!!!