Friday, June 12, 2009

Never Say Never...

Yesterday was a strange day for me. I did two things I never thought I'd do in my life...

1. I chose my daughter's birthday. Since Cash ended up a c-section baby and I'd rather not put myself (or the baby) through any added risk by attempting a VBAC (which, in my dr's opinion would end in c-section anyway) we decided to go with the scheduled repeat section route. The whole "scheduled c-section" just seems too easy to be for real - we go in at 8am, get prepped, baby's here in an hour and we're done for the day. Well, Dr. Davidson is done for the day...I think my shifts a little longer. Like 18 years...or forever. 
(Drew and I haven't decided if we're sharing her birth date with anyone outside of family just yet or if we'll wait till closer to time, so sorry. Not gonna find out today! MWAHAHA!)

2. This is the real kicker. I lost Cash's beloved "blankie". The perfect, adorable, soft, light blue blankie he sleeps with EVERYDAY! He has it for every nap and every night when he goes to bed. How could a responsible, loving mother such as myself do something so heinous you ask?! I DON'T KNOW!!!!! All I know is we had it at the food court in the mall and I thought I saw it when we got in the car. But when I got home and went to lay him down for his nap...it was missing.  Thank goodness he has a back-up blankie that seems to be working just fine. But still. I need to get another one. 


No comments: