Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day 2

Right now my dad is near Port Au Prince, Haiti serving for a week with an organization called Real Hope for Haiti. There's a cholera outbreak in the country that is expected to kill more people than the earthquake that happened last January. And this just in, there's a tropical storm, Tomas, expected to hit the shores of Haiti Friday morning. Not the best circumstances, yet Dad - along with 9 other people from my church - was ready to go help the people of Haiti no matter what.

And so today I am thankful for my dad.



The fact that he would leave his loved ones behind to give of himself for people he doesn't know in one of the most destitute countries in the world gives just a hint to the kind of man my dad is.  He's a pastor, a teacher, a friend, a counselor, an excellent husband to my mom, and a father to eight kids. He's firm in his convictions, gentle in his guidance, and bold in his teachings. He taught me how to ride a bike, drive a stick shift, change the oil in my car, and how to find the back road everywhere I go. ;)

He's still the fastest, strongest, funniest, smartest dad who can fix anything. :) Love you, dad!

No comments: