Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 14 of 30 Days of Thanks

Today is Monday which translates into the one day out of the week I don't plan any play dates, lunch dates, or doctors appointments (if at all possible). Its the day I stay in my pj's till nap time and start (key word: start) the laundry and cleaning projects for the week. I also have bible study on Monday nights so I try to plan a meal that is either a) a crock pot meal or b) incredibly easy. Now, there a ton of options that would fit into the "incredibly easy" category but NOT into the "mmm this is good and my belly is satisfied" category.

And so today I'm thankful for tasty yet simple recipes such as the delectable Chicken Parmesan we had this evening. This is a recipe from one of Drew's family's friend out in California. So, thank you, Nan for the delicious recipe! Hope you don't mind I'm sharing it...

Chicken Parmesan

Saute 2 cloves of garlic in 1 cup of butter (or 2 sticks - never said it was healthy!). Let chicken (I cut 4 boneless, skinless breasts in half) soak in the garlic butter while you mix up the following: 2 cups plain bread crumbs, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1/2 cup of fresh parsley (optional - I used dried tonight and it was good.)  Coat the chicken pieces with the breading and place in 9x13 baking dish; pour the garlic butter on top of the chicken.  Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

We choose to top ours with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese and serve with noodles. However, my mother-in-law recently made this sans italian flare and it was quite delish on its own! Who doesn't love a versatile dish?!

You're welcome. ;)

No comments: